deselect warnings

Recently I have started getting the following message when running
dselect:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed for the categories:
        LC_CTYPE LC_COLLATE
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LC_CTYPE = (unset),
        LC_COLLATE = (unset),
        LANG = "us"
perl: warning: Falling back to the "C" locale.

Not being very perl-literate, can someone please tell me what I should do,
if anything, about this.  I'm not aware of anything I have done which
would cause this message to suddenly start appearing.

TIA,
Bob

----
                            AX.25:    w6swe@wb7tls.az.usa.noam