Re: Frozen not really frozen ?

On 15 May 1997, Tomislav Vujec wrote:

> "Carpenter, Dean \(MS Mail\)" <dcarpenter@kraft.com> writes:
>
> > I thought frozen was supposed to be, well, frozen.
> >
> > Why is it that every day there are a bunch of replacements going on in
> > that tree ?  Actually, there seem to have been more bo/frozen changes in
> > the last few days than there have been in hamm/unstable :)
>
> Because frozen realy means frozen in new features/packages, not in
> bug-fixes.

Exactly!  Why would anyone bother to freeze software with bugs in it?  If
you want to do that you would just release it.  So it's obvious that bo is
frozen as stated above so the bugs can be ironed out to the best extent
possible.  This means that patched packages are exchanged with current
packages as bugs are fixed.

--Rick

Unsolicited commercial/propaganda email subject to legal action.  Under US
Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), Sec.227(b)(1)(C), and Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a
State may impose a fine of NOT LESS than $500 per message.  Read the full
text of Title 47 Sec 227 at http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html