Re: How do I kill jobs?

On Thu, 15 May 1997, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

> How do I list all the jobs, in HP-UX or Solaris, I do ps -eaf and it lists everything, but I don't think is the same in Linux.  I'm just guessing i way to change the setting on Xwindows by killing Xwindows, modifying the XF86Config file andrestarting Xwindows. Am I going in the right way?

Just exit.  The window manager has a menu under the left mouse key that
should have an exit selection.  If that doesn't work use
ctrl-alt-backspace.  That will kill the x session.

ps -aux for starters.  Debian comes with a nice funtion called "man".  If
you type "man ps" or whatever other program you want to know about it will
tell you many of these things you are asking us about.

> Alberto Ruiz
> aruiz@debian1.sssys.com
>

> --

--Rick