Re: DNS question

I should have been more specific, sorry.  I wanted to know if this
secondary that is behind the firewall, IP masq'd, can be used as far as
internic is concerned, or if they will reject it because of the IP
masqing?

Does any body know?  I have solved my need for a secondary but am still
curious about this for the future.

On 11 May 1997, R. Chris Ross wrote:

>      I set up a DNS on my FreeBSD box which is behind my Debian box
> and it worked fine.  At the time I didn't think to ask the question I
> just added the secondary line to my named.boot for my ISP  and
> restarted named.
>

> > >Sender: rick@cyberdynamics.com
> > >To: Debian User List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> > >cc: "Jens B. Jorgensen" <jjorgens@bdsinc.com>
> > I think I know the answer to this already, BUT is it possible to run a
> > secondary DNS through an IP masq firewall?
> >
> > Just wondering since I'm about to network my home systems via an IP masq
> > firewall and would rather use one of my other systems as secondary.
> >
> > I haven't researched IP masq firewalling yet.  Is this the BEST way to put
> > a machine on the net without it's own IP?
> >

> > --Rick
> >
> > rickya@siservices.net
> >

> > --

--Rick