Re: Memory Gobbler

> At 09:20 AM 4/21/97 +1200, Richard L Shepherd wrote:
>
> >Yes I have read that too.  However it does see the memory (when I put
> >"mem=128M" on the boot line). I'm not sure that cache isn't the problem,
> >though.  It went so well for 3 weeks, then started to go downhill.  This
> >w/e it killed itself completely!  I arrived yesterday afternoon to find
> >the screen filled with messages "out of memory for bash"  and other
> >commands too.  There was no response from any means, so I had to push the
> >reset button and start again....bummer!

Well the answer to this has come in upgrading from 2.0.27 (as in rex) to
2.0.30 (as in hamm).  I manually 'dpkg -i'ed the kernel source package
from hamm and left the rest of the system as rex.  So far no memory leaks
(2 weeks that is...).

Thanks for the interest anyway...

Richard Shepherd (richards@waikato.ac.nz)