Re: Debian mirror

In your email to me, Nathan E Norman, you wrote:

> Hi there ... I've got some  empty high speed SCSI drives laying around
> and thought it would be fun to mirror the debian distribution.  Our
> company uses the debian distribution so we'd like to make it easier for
> others to get the software, too.  (Also, having a local copy makes new
> installs a lot faster).
>
> Anyway ... I have a few things I have to work through.  Our provider
> does not yet have me properly reverse name-served, which means the
> debian master site doesn't like me very much.  I don't foresee this to
> be a permanent problem, but I imagine it won't be solved immediately
> either.  So, which mirror that is fairly (or netter) complete allows
> mirroring?  Any recommendations?  Something on the MCI or UUNet
> backbones would be a direct route for us.

I'm on alternet, but I can allow you to ftp into our mirror (llug.sep.bnl.gov)

> Any opinions on *how* to mirror the site?  I've looked at the "mirror"
> package and it seems reasonable ... but I've never heard anyone comment
> about it one way or the other.  Yes, I'm a newbie to ftp mirroring :)

The mirror package is the way to go. I can email you privately the
mirror.defaults file that I use for my mirror at home.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
               They tell me my job is easy... anyone can do it.