Re: postgres95 / libbsd.so

On Mon, 5 May 1997, Nicola Bernardelli wrote:

>      Sad to say I don't give you a solution. Running the postmaster daemon
> actually results in a complain that it needs that library file and I don't
> have it in Debian 1.2.4 nor it was in 1.1 and it isn't in none of the 6 CD
> of InfoMagic Linux Developers' resource September 96. I tried to rebuild
> the Postgres95 binaries, just wanted to link the static library, but I get
> plenty of source-code-related errors (see gzipped attachment). I'm going
> to give a closer look to see what #ifdef ... may cause that mess of
> errors.
>      PLEASE let me know if YOU find a solution (that is: library file or
> correct environment settings to rebuild the binaries or both or what
> else). THANK YOU, see you again.

I assume you tried building it from the debian sources? ie. postgres95
1.09? I have looked at your make-output, and am puzzled. I have build
postgres95 version 1.08, 1.09 6.0 and 6.1beta several times on my system
from the original sources, and never had any problems, certainly not like
these. The only thing I consistently have to change is removing linking
with -ltermcap in src/bin/psql/Makefile (Postgres thinks that all
linux-systems have libtermcap...).

My guess is that the debian-sources are screwed up. Try grabbing a .tgz
from ftp.postgresql.org....

Maarten