Re: ssltelnet -- how secure?

On May 5, Paul Serice wrote
> I've installed ssltelnet, but can't find much documentation.
>
> Is this thing secure?  Do all I do is telnet in and out using the new
> programs?  How do I know if a secure connection has been established?  If
> a secure connection is established, does it just protect the password or
> does it protect the entire session?

There is an SSL FAQ posted frequently in comp.security.unix, which should
answer at least part of your questions.

As an alternative, you could consider SSH (also on debian-non-US), which has
more documentation and configurability.

HTH,
Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.