Re: starting/stoping program on boot/shutdown

Brian N. Borg <bborg@iaxs.net> writes:
> What is start-stop-daemon ?
> [...]
> I think that if it is enough of a Debian standard that virtualy
> all of the scripts that dpkg installs in /etc/init.d use it,
> we are due an explanation of what it does, how it is used, etc.

You're absolutely right.  A manual page for start-stop-daemon is
included in the latest versions of 'dpkg', currently being tested in
the 'experimental' distribution.

I'm attaching a copy to this message for your use until a version of
dpkg with the manual page has been released.