Re: Broadway

Rick Jones <rickya@siservices.net> writes:

> What's the scoop on broadway?  Is it going to be deb'd soon?  Is it all
> the x.org web page makes it out to be, fast remote execution etc...?

> Broadway is version 6.3 and we seem to still be using 6.2 from what I see
> reported when I start X.  Is there a reason for this?  Is Broadway still
> unstable?

> I'm curious because I'm thinking of getting the broadway release from
> x.org but I'd rather stick to a deb'd package.

Broadway is fine.  It compiled cleanly on Debian when it came out last
December..  I'm still using Xfree86 v3.2, though.  The only
significant new features in Broadway are related to the plugin,
which won't work with Linux Netscape without a bit of work.  (It uses
Motif, and plugins that use Motif don't work very well on Linux...)

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu