Re: Frozen - couple of gotchas

I've noticed that when packages are missing like that the version number
is actually off.  Like perhaps the list was constructed just before an
update arived.  The update replaces the package but the package list still
reflects the older version.  I have just ftp'd manually to get the
package.  I have yet to find a package actually missing.

On Sun, 4 May 1997, Dean Carpenter wrote:

> I just did an install of frozen/bo the other day, and noticed a couple
> of small gotchas ...
>
> The disk images still aren't on the mirror (debian.crosslink.net) so I
> had to use the ones from greenbush.
>
> The packages list under bo/binary-i386 has an entry for :
>
> 	unstable/binary-i386/interpreters/cpp_2.7.2.1-7.deb
>
> which doesn't exist.  Taking a look in the packages list under
> unstable/hamm I see an entry for :
>
> 	unstable/binary-i386/interpreters/cpp_2.7.2.1-8.deb
>
> which also doesn't exist.  In fact, the only cpp package I can find :
>
> 	rex-updates/binary-i386/cpp_2.7.2.1-4.deb
>
> The crux of all this is that the install fails because netstd can't
> configure without the cpp package.  Once I manually installed the
> -4.deb version, it was able to finish.
>
> I have the sneaking suspicion I'm missing something here, not doing
> "the right thing" for the frozen install.
>
> --
> Dean Carpenter		deano@areyes.com	94TT :)
> Areyes, Inc.
>
> "No matter where you go, there you are"  sayeth Buckaroo 								 across the Eighth Dimension
>

> --

--Rick

rickya@siservices.net