Re: Where would I submit a new feature for the kernel?

On Sat, 3 May 1997, Dave Cinege wrote:

> This is what caused me to finally break linux. I moved  OpenDOS from a
> primary (sda2) to a logical (sda5).

I know Solaris numbers disks differently, I think it is based on the disks
serial number. A very good solution, however, you get away from this sort
of problems. This is a good reason the Linux kernel should have a
dev-filesystem, much like the proc-filesystem is implemented in the
kernel. I've seen it has been on the 'Linux Kernel Wishlist' for a while,
and I have heard that its being worked on FreeBSD.
So, start kernelhacking :) !

  // Jonas <job@abc.se> [2:201/262.37]