D-Link 220 card detection problems??

Greetings

I am trying to install the latest debian release onto a system that had
slackware running on it. It has a dlink 220 ethernet card in it and was
running fine with the slackware system and also with win95. I have tried
every module that was installed with the base system and nothing will work.

Is there another module I could download for this card? In the Ethenet
How-To it said to use the ne2000 driver but the module doesn't work.

Any help would really be apreciated.