Re: How is apache setup for multiple domains?

You need to use the IP Aliasing option in the kernel. The Howto is
/usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/IP-Alias.gz.

This what I did:

1) rebuild the kernel. This is inthe Howto.

2) add the other interfaces with ifconfig.
3) add routes to them.

	What isn't in the Howto is be sure to specify the dev option
	on each route or else you'll find your box telling others that
	it's a different IP to what you think it is!

4) Filled in the </Virtual Domain>.... entry for Apache.

	I don't know of the top of my head, but it's in one of the 3
	config files.

5) Add a primary line for the new domain to /var/named/named.boot
6) Adding the IP of the new domain to the reverse lookup file.
7) Writing the root file for the new domain.

	The root file for the new domain just needs the SOA and the
	address of www.domin.com for apache.

8) Restart the name server and reload apache.

I not managed to get the mail to work as a multihomed server to deal
with the virtual domains. I've read the file on Multihomed servers in
/usr/doc/smail but I'm none the wiser.

John Foster.