Re: Where/what is -lgpc?

You will need to install libgpc2. There doesn't appear to be a development
version, but this package has the .so libs you will need. I don't know
about headers though. In looking for the maintainer I noticed that the gpc
package (2.0-3) depends on libgpc2, so I don't see how you installed it
without getting the libs.
When trying to find such missing parts, the Contents file (found in the
outer directory of the particular archive) and the Packages files are
invaluable. You can search Contents for a particular program or library
and it will tell you which package contains that file. You can then look
into the Packages file to see where the package is and who maintains it.
Christoph Lameter <clameter@debian.org> is the maintainer of these
packages. If you are still having problems try contacting him directly for
more assistance.

Luck,

Dwarf