lsof question

Hi,

I just tried using the lsof command with the  i option to see the network
connections. When I used to do that I would get a big list of
coennections.
Today I got nothing I only got a message about there being no
.lsof_garfield cache file. The program created it.
I have upgraded a number of packages lately. I have also upgraded to
2.0.30 kernel.  When i do a simple lsof I get a big list
I don't know if this may help but many entries in the output say say that
there is no socket in the inode.

Could anybody help me get lsof -i back in working order or give me a clue
as to what may be wrong ??

                                    Thanks
                                    George

George Kapetanios