man2html and info2www give permission not allowed.

     I have installed apache web server with cgi and the caned cgi
scripts to try it out.  It seamed obvious to also try man2html and
info2www.  The scripts that are in the cgi-bin directory off of the
document root run fine.  When simlinks to man2html and info2www are
made an error is returned stating that permission is denied.  The
permissions are set to 755 on

/usr/lib/httpd/cgi-bin
/usr/lib/cgi-bin
/usr/lib/httpd/cgi-bin/info2www
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/man2html

  If man2html is moved into cgi-bin off the document root it runs but
can't create the html that it needs to.  I am a little confused about
what permissions need to be set.  Can someone help?