Re: rsh with .rhosts problems (SOLVED)

: Hi,
:
: I don't have access to a Linux machine from where I work so I can't
: check on this advice, but see if there is a man page for
: "hosts.equiv".  On Solaris machines, /etc/hosts.equiv is the other
   ^^^^^^^^^^^
: piece that controls remote access via rsh, rlogin, etc.
:
: Good luck,
: Randy Stocking

 Thank you and the other responsers very much!  At one host the
/etc/hosts.equiv file was missing, where I was sure it would have been
there.  Now, after editing this file everything is ok.

  A. Wehler

--
Uni Wuppertal, FB Elektrotechnik, Tel/Fax: (0202) 439 - 3009
Dr. Andreas Wehler;  wehler2@welfa4.elektro.uni-wuppertal.de