Re: binary problems

I have had to rerun ldconfig at times for no apparent reason in order to
get my system behaving normally too.  It seems like it sometimes "looses
its mind" and re-running ldconfig gets things going again.  It does not
happen often, maybe once in a month.

On Thu, 1 May 1997, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> On Thu, 1 May 1997, Jesse Goldman wrote:
>
> > [executable]: Exec format error. Binary file not executable.
>
> Just a wild guess. Try ldd on the file and ckeck that all the sharded
> libraries are OK.
>
> For example:  :-)
>
> timshel:/etc# ldd /usr/local/games/doom/linuxsdoom
>         libvga.so.1 (DLL Jump 1.1pl8) =>
> /usr/lib/i486-linuxaout/libvga.so.1
>         libc.so.4 (DLL Jump 4.5pl26) => /lib/libc.so.4
>

> ...RickM...
>

> --

George Bonser
grep@oriole.sbay.org, grep@concentric.net