Re: how to safely install libc6..

On May 1, Paul van Berlo wrote
> geez:) I'm encountering too many problems lately.. anyways.. I just tried
> to install libc6 from unstable.. (yes.. I know.. unstable.. but I dont
> care:) How can I safely install it? because libc6 conflicts with libc-dev
> and libc5-dev provides libc-dev.. but if I try to remove libc5-dev I'll
> break alot more packages.. Should I just wait with installing libc6 or
> does anyone know a safe way on doing this?

The safest way is to create a libc6 development system on a separate
partition or as a chroot()ed environment.

I took the chroot() approach yesterday. The resulting directory structure,
to be used with chroot(8) can be found tarred up at
ftp://ftp.wi.leidenuniv.nl/pub/linux/devel-ray/highly-experimental/libc6-build-env.tar.gz

This is _highly experimental, it works for me_ stuff. Note that for building
most programs you'll have to wait for libraries that work with libc6.

Greetings,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking