Re: lprm says "Permission denied" (fwd)

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, John Goerzen wrote:

> I had tried the first item you suggested before reverting back to normal
> lpr, I do recall.  I also seem to remember that in some of Samba's
> documentation, the lprng option was mentioned, while in other areas where
> the options for printing were listed, lprng was not mentioned.
>
> I do not recall if I tried the second thing, but lpq, lprm, and lpr all
> worked fine from the local box, and lpr worked from Win95.  If somebody
> could print, I would think that they would also have permission to view the
> queue.

I have switched back to regular lpr myself.  I tried lprng briefly, but
the errors I was getting didn't make any sense to me at all, so I just
switched back to regular lpr.  I still haven't fixed my lpr problem, but
I think I am getting closer.

Basically, what is happening is that when I print a file, the printer
starts up but all that comes out is a blank page.  I know there is still
a line feed problem (as there is initially with many printers), but the
file I am printing has text on the first line that should show fine.  I
have worked through the printing HowTo, but I haven't managed to figure
this one out.

When I print a file, it is getting sent to the spool directory just
fine, but somewhere between there and the printer, all the data is being
lost......

Scott