Re: Why is PPP so screwed up!?!?!

Cool off, man. What they seem to be talking about IS a Debian issue.
Although ppp support IS compiled into the kernel, the pppd is separate,
and the method by which you establish a connection, be it through pon, or
a custom script like I use, because as far as I know pon will not redial
through busy signals, IS a function of your distribution. When you have to
run a script that invokes chat, or does whatever to make a ppp connection,
and you're trying to figure out what options to use for pppd, I don't
think that the proper response is that it is a kernel only issue so stop
bitching about it here. Besides, half of this thread seems to be about the
fact that Debian in general is not intutive to set up, whether it is your
ppp connect script or whatever, and I agree, there does need to be some
progress in this area. I think that this is single largest drawback to the
Debian distribution in my opinion. Regardless, screaming at people for
discussion ppp configuration in the Debian user list is definately not the
answer, especially since everything to do with setting up ppp is NOT a
kernel issue.

						Shawn Asmussen