Re: lprm says "Permission denied" (fwd)

   On Mar 2, Craig Sanders wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, Scott Stanley wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, John Goerzen wrote:
> >
> > > This is *not* an acceptable fix. Other packages, for isntance Samba,
> > > will **NOT** work with lprng.
> >
> > This is nice to know....
>
> actually, it's completely untrue.  samba works very well with lprng.
>
> i've got it running on my system, using lprng & magicfilter with samba.
> no problems.  it works.

Not in my experience.  I also tried lprng, magicfilter, and samba.  I found
the same "nonprintable" option and turned it off.  The Win95 box appeared to
print correctly, BUT it could NOT view the print queue, delete sent jobs,
etc.  With lpr instead of lprng, the Win95 box could do all of that like it
is supposed to be able to.

--
John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    |