Re: Compiling---svgalib not seen by gnuplot

"ma" == mhs alad <mhs.alad@mtccnmi.com> writes:
  ma> Most problematical, to compile one has to tweak the parameters
  ma> of the makefile, to get gnuplot to use the vga library.  No
  ma> problem in the past, but I haven't been able to figure this one
  ma> out.  I can get the system to see the svgalib, but the binary
  ma> cannot run in a vga (linux) terminal, unless as root.

Any binary compiled with svgalib will need to be installed suid root,
since svgalib needs to get access to the graphics I/O ports. It gives
up root permission right away though, in the svgalib init call.

You shouldn't have had to tweak anything though, unless you're
building a.out.  Can you be more specific about what error messages
you're seeing and such?

-Larry

--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/