Re: Why is PPP so screwed up!?!?!

In message <[🔎] XFMail.970302072445.wb2oyc@cyberenet.net>, wb2oyc@cyberenet.net wri
tes:

> Look, you don't seem to get the idea here!  If you see a NEED, and
> are so smart to be able to solve the problem for everyone, WRITE
> IT YOURSELF and submit it to Debian!
>
> Furthermore, saying its NOT is the documentation is just totatlly
> wrong!  If you chose NOT to install the HOWTO'S or INFO, thats
> your problem AND not the guys that put it all together.  Have you
> read the Net and Serial HOWTO'S?  OR, GASP!  the PPP HOWTO?

I did an initial CD-install and hade all docs. The docs is OK (info from my
ISP was not) and they helpt me get PPP and even diald up. But I still be stuck
if
I only hade an flopy install from the 6 base disks! Now when
flopyless/1/2/floppy CD install is in reach and 2 floppy install for network
gurus the 'pure' flopy install might be expanded with a disk or two? Man
utilytys and some basic network and system documentation could give newbes a
fair chans. I know I be stranded with the curent flopy install. Nowdays I knowe
where to look for info, but the first time I been *REALY* stranded! It's sad
the users dont know where to go when they actuly hav *suceded* instaling an
*great* system (insert lots of IMHO wherever You se fit).

(this list is so *polite* that I, with my limeted english knowlage, hardly daer
speek in fear of, by mistake, insult someone. Why is everyone so upset about
this subject?)

Thanx all, for debian and this great list /Lars