Re: Why is PPP so screwed up!?!?!

On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, Richard Morin wrote:

> how-to.  When I switched to Debian, I quickly looked at pon, but soon
> went back to ppp-on which worked.  I've started over, and just
> can't get pon to work.  Not as easily as ppp-on anyway.

What?!?  That mess (ppp-on) is easier than pon?

Here's what it took for me to set up ppp....

1) cat /usr/bin/pon
	Looked at it, saw it uses /etc/ppp.chatscript.....
2) vi /etc/ppp.chatscript
	plopped in the phone number, username, password
3) pon

Shouldn't take more than a minute and a half...

Jason Costomiris                 | Finger for PGP 2.6.2 Public Key
jcostom@sjis.com                 | "There is a fine line between idiocy
My employers like me, but not	 | and genius.  We aim to erase that line"
enough to let me speak for them. |			--Unknown

	        	http://www.jasons.org/~jcostom