Newbie question

  I am new with Linux and I don't know very well what to do in this
  situation:

  - A few months ago I buy a CD with Debian 1.1 distribution included.
  After that, I download Debian 1.2 from www.debian.org.
  I week ago I installed Debian 1.2 but I didn't run dSelect program, in
  that moment. Last night I run dSelect program in order to install
  several packages. When I finished the system was in Debian 1.1. After
  that I reinstall, using floppy disks, Debian 1.2 again. I am not
  very sure what I have rigth know.

  Could any Linux expert advise me how to know what I have in this moment?.
  Is the process I did OK?.

  Thanks in advance.

  J.R.Martinez Miro
  Procurement.