Re: VIM Editor

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Mr Stuart Lamble wrote:

> William Chow <williamc@uclink2.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> [...]
> : Weird, I did an ldd on vim. The only two libs it needs are ncurses and
> : libc. Are there two different versions of vim in the debian packaging
> : system, one with and one without X support?
>
> There shouldn't be. Which version of vim do you have installed? When I
> changed the compilation procedure to configure vim with X support, I
> created two versions - one for 1.2 (which, at the time, was slated to
> use 3.1.2), and one for unstable (shortly to become 1.3).

Well, I think I'm using one of the more current stable versions, the one
that came with the current stable (1.2). I did not use unstable. Is vim
supposed to be dynamically linked to the Xaw library? I and another user
have reported that an ldd does NOT in fact show it to be dynamically
linked to any X11 libraries. Is there one that has X support and one that
doesn't? That's where the confusion was.

Will