Re: XFree86 3.2 performance problem ?

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Daniel S. Barclay wrote:

> > > Has anyone else noticed that, since the upgrade to 3.2, X seems to be slower ?

> > I've noticed one area where X is now slower. I run 2 X displays, one at 256
> > colors, the other at 16bpp. I switch between then a lot. It used to be a
> > very fast switch from one to the other. Now, I switch, and it takes 2-3
> > seconds before X starts responding to mouse movement again. Same thing
> > happens if I switch to a text console and then back to X.

> Me three.  I see this delay just switching from a text virtual console
> back to X.

I don't. I use the mach64 xserver. My mouse is a ps2 mouse with the
"gpm -R" trick so I can use the mouse in the console and X.

It takes the regular 2 seconds that my monitor always takes when it
switches modes (and makes an audible electric ZAP sound), but as soon as
the screen comes back the mouse works right away.

...RickM...