Re: Minimal Install

    Mike> The problem is that I'm trying to do a debian install in
    Mike> less than 100 megs. Of course this means forgoing things
    Mike> like X, etc... But every time I go through dselect and
    Mike> choose packages to remove, it refuses to comply!

As I recall dselect will, by default, select all important and
standard packages for installation. You should start off by
deselecting all these packages by pressing "-" at the lines

    ----- New Important packages -----
and
    ----- New Standard packages ------

That ought to be possible, as the simple base system is, itself,
complete. The carefully build up what you really do need.

I've done a debain install onto a 120MB disk, with 30MB swap, so I
only had 90MB of space (70MB / and 20MB /var) (/usr, /home were to be
mounted NFS). First time I selected too many files, ran out of disk
space and dselect broke down badly. I had to restart from scratch, but
the second time I selected even less files and everything worked fine.

It certainly should be possible to do. 100MB is a respectable amount
of space!

Hope that helps,

Graeme

--
| Graeme A Stewart, pgp public key  finger graeme@ariel.igeofcu.unam.mx	|
|  Key fingerprint =  AF C7 BF A4 52 D5 3C 3B  17 A5 62 43 DA 15 E8 97  |