Re: Help on getting Debian 1.0.27 to install.

Tony Ho <tho@interlog.com> writes:

> Hi Fellow Debians:

Hi!

> I can boot up from the Rescue disk but unable to complete base installation.
> I get the same error message after Debian finish copying the content on the
> fourth (last) disk.
>
> -------------------------
>
> gunzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated
> Error in archive format.
>
> Something went wrong.  You might want to write down the error messages
> before you continue.  Please press ENTER when you are ready.
>
> There was a problem extracting the floppy from /dev/fd0.

Unfortunately, there are some errors on your base disks. Maybe
there were bad sectors on them? Try to use other disks, and rawrite
image on them.

--
Tomislav Vujec                                   tvujec@srce.hr
To understand recursion, one must first understand recursion...