Re: getty

<tomk@westgac3.dragon.com> writes:

> Hamish Moffatt writes:
> >
> > On Mar 03, 1997 at 09:17:45AM -0500, tomk@westgac3.dragon.com wrote:
> > > Ok, what's the difference between mgetty and vgetty? (aside from the spelling)
> > > I tried  vgetty --help  and it reported  "mgetty FATAL....."
> >
> > vgetty has voice extensions. I wish I knew how to set them up though.
> >

> I agree, there is no documentation, no manpage, no infopage.

Quoting from mgetty info (Debian-1.2.7/binary-all/comm/mgetty-docs_1.0.0-1.deb):

   The `voice' subtree is *NOT* included in the official release 1.0,
because of the lack of documentation, and because Marc thinks it's not
stable enough yet.  It *is* included in the 0.99 and 1.1 beta
development trees, so if you want to play with it, get one of those
version. *BUT* keep in mind what "beta" means: lacking documentation,
problems, crashes, whatever.

Thanks
 -- Siggy

--
Siggy Brentrup <bsb@debian.org> aka: bsb@uni-muenster.de
PGP fingerprint = C8 95 66 8C 75 7E 10 A2  05 61 C7 7F 05 B6 A4 DF