XFree86 3.2 performance problem ?

Hi!

Has anyone else noticed that, since the upgrade to 3.2, X seems to be slower ?
I have a P120 with 48 Mb and a Stealth64 Video 2000 (S3) with 2Mb DRAM.
I use 1024x768 with 16 bpp.
After the upgrade I noticed that my WM (AfterStep) took about 2-3 seconds more
to load and the window drawing is also a bit slower. I didn't think about it
though, but yesterday I started xbmbrowser in a directory where I keep a lot of
pixmaps (800+). It took "forever" to load so I killed it after about 10 minutes.
Top showed that the XServer consumed 85-95 % of the CPU load.
After that, I reinstalled my old S3 server (3.1.2 from Debian 1.1) and
the problems mentioned above disappeared.

Has anoyone had a similar experience ?

Thanks in advance

Robert

Robert Sickeldal		email: robsi@lkp.frontec.se
Frontec Network Services AB
(All statements above are my own, not my employers.)