Netatalk breaking

Hi all!
  I hope someone can give me a clue here, for I'm really stumped.  I'm
running the most recent files from the unstable directory (except for
bash--I've still got 1.14.7-2), and am suddenly not able to run the
appletalk printing services.  Printing used to work beautifully, and
now it doesn't (the printer no longer appears in the chooser), and the
owners of the macs who used to use my printer are very unhappy!

During boot, /etc/init.d/netatalk gives the messages:

Mar  3 14:49:03 npreyer papd[185]: restart (1.4b2)
Mar  3 14:49:03 npreyer papd[185]: atp_open: Invalid argument

and from /var/log/daemon.log:
Mar  3 14:49:04 npreyer afpd[187]: main: atp_open: Invalid argument

I have not modified /etc/atalkd.conf (i.e., it is just a commented-out
line).  So far as I can tell, none of the recently updated files
should have any effect on this, but evidently something is.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated!

BTW--papd used to be incompatible with lprng; has that changed??

Thanks!
--Norris

--
Norris Preyer			(541) 962-3310 (office)