Re: AWE32 problems.

> > Does anyone know if it is possible for a pnp sound card to configure
> > without that package, on previous versions of debian?
>
> >  Funny thing is with deb 1.1 I was able to
> > config my kernel for sound no problem.
>
> Even for your PnP board. It sounds strange for me that Debian 1.1 could manage
> PnP boards and 1.2 could not.

Turns out I found out why my board was able to work and I have it "sorta"
working again.  My bios has support for pnp and initiates the card before
boot.  I remember something about disabling pnp in the bios, is it wrong
to let it config this way?

M/B is a Gigabyte GA586ATE, with Award bios, if anyone is curious.

I can play CD's now, but when I try to use /dev/audio via "saytime" it
fails, I saw something in the docs, I'll have to dig it out again.

Rich M
qnc496@durhamnews.net