1.1 memory management issue ??

Hi folks:

> Bruce Perens writes:
> >
> > Buzz went to Infinity, and Beyond!
> >
> Thank heavens! 1.1 had terrible memory management. 1.2 (REX) is _much_
> better.

The memory management issue mentioned here with 1.1 may explain some
slowness with my (1.1) machines.

What package(s) do I upgrade to fix it?  We are running the 2.0.27 kernel.

As I understand it, I do not have to do full upgrade to 1.2, and I can
continue to pull packages down and install them as I need.

Are there caveats?  Please suggest Manuals/documents/books...

Thanks..

--David

           LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [345]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | User interface copyrights & software patents make
teague@wcu.edu | programing a dangerous business. Ask me or lpf@lpf.org

Mossad data encryption munitions Serbian hydrazine ammonium nitrate fuel oil
National Security Council explosion Treasury terrorist Delta Force bomb Iran
spy counter-intelligence wild porno sex gold bullion Soviet Bosnia clipper