status file probs??

I don't think this is serious, but whenever dselect's helper
programs (I use dpkg-ftp) access the list of installed packages,
one of the lists is missing something.  How do I correct this
error:

Processing status file...
Odd number of elements in hash list at /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/install line 75, <STATUS> chunk 7856.

Processing Package files...
 development...
Odd number of elements in hash list at /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/install line 124, <PKGFILE> chunk 15315.
 non-free...
Odd number of elements in hash list at /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/install line 124, <PKGFILE> chunk 1590.
 contrib...
Odd number of elements in hash list at /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/install line 124, <PKGFILE> chunk 553.

As I said, I don't think it's serious, but it is rather blatantly
obvious something isn't just so...

Any suggestions?
--
Todd Fries .. todd@miango.com