Re: Emacs and XEmacs

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Esa Turtiainen wrote:

> I'd like to use both Emacs and XEmacs at the same time. Are there
> plans to allow this in the future. I have heard that people have
> patched this to work.

Extract the binary data files from all needed xemacs*.deb or emacs*.deb
files with
        ar p packetname.deb data.tar.gz >packetname.tar.gz

and install the wanted version manually under the /usr/local/ hierarchy,
which is left alone for your private purposes. Works quite well here at my
box.
                                                 Ciao, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de