Re: where is e2fsprogs_1.06-1?

Lawrence Chim <ychim@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au> writes:
> when I install e2fsprogs_1.06-2, it displays the following error mesg.
>
> dpkg: cannot see how to satisfy pre-dependency:
>  e2fsprogs pre-depends on e2fsprogs (>= 1.06-1)
> dpkg: cannot satisfy pre-dependencies for e2fsprogs (wanted due to
> e2fsprogs)

This is a bug, where e2fsprogs accidentally had a pre-depends set on itself,
which doesn't make sense, and means the package cannot be installed
properly.  You might be able to get it to work by using the --force-depends
option with dpkg.  I went to try this out myself, but due to a problem I'm
currently having with my system, it actually successfully installed without
me needing to force it......  :-(

				Warwick