Re: g77 & f2c serious problems

which version of f2c are you using? the last debian version 960717-0
is kind of old, and there is at least one bug in the 960717-0 version
which makes ishft fail miserably when dealing with signed integers.
this kind of messed up our random number generators big time. the f2c
maintainer was very responsive and fixed the bug the very same day i
reported it. i kind of given up on the debian version of f2c and i
roll my own packages (using the control files from the debian version,
of course). you can always find the latest f2c (non-debian) at
ftp://netlib.att.com/netlib/fortran. if you find any bugs in f2c
please report them promptly to the f2c maintainer. we are also trying
to use our linux boxes to run fortran programs, but there are still
some problems.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |