YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: No bound server message

Hello,

I installed netscape 3.0 yesterday under /usr/local/netscape
When I run netscape and it tries to connect to the default home URL the
following message is displayed on the screen:

>>A network error occured:
>>unable to connect to server (TCP Error: No route to host)
>>The server may be down or unreachable.

>>Try connecting later.

Also when I log in as root or my user ID the following message is displayed
after login.

>>YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: No bound server for domain load-otea.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca

I think that the two messages might be related. I have checked the
/etc/hosts, /etc/host.conf, /etc/networks, /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/named.boot
against the same files on another server in our department.  They are identical.

I have read a section on NIS and yellow pages in a Linux system
administration book and have added the following line to the
/etc/ypserv.conf file

ypserver        info2.load-otea.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca
(where info2 is the server name and the rest is the domain name)
running the ypcat passwd.byname command results in

>>YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: No bound server for domain load-otea.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca
>>No such map passwd.byname. Reason: Can't bind to server which serves this
>>domain

I am stumped as to what the problem is. Could somebody let me know if I have
missed something and suggest what could be done in order to get netscape
running.

Thank you in advance,
Tej