Re: Unable to FTP to debian box

Hi,

According to Philippe Andersson:

> Just a thought - I don't know if it's relevant. Is a password associated
> with your user schulte on wrpc18.urz.uni-wuppertal.de ? I noticed once,
> on my home Linux box, that I was unable to FTP to it unless I first set
> a password for my user.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Good luck. Bye.
>
> Ph. A.

Thank you for your advise. However, _I am_ user schulte, and of course I
have a password.

I have to admit that I found this behaviour both with the netbase-2.04/
netstd-2.07 packages from stable/buzz-fixed as well with the unstable
versions of these packages (don't know the version numbers).

Bye KWS

--
                             O##O            O##O     O##O           O##O
==The famous "Schwebebahn"====AA==suspension==AA=======AA===railway===AA====