Re: Mounting CDROM during installation

Bruce writes:
> You need a special boot floppy for the 53c810. It's at
> ftp://sgk.phast.umass.edu/pub/boot1440.bin.gz .

Special_Boot-6 worked for me.  I got it from LastMinute/SpecialKernels on
the I-Connect CDROM.  The install failed to run 'depmod -a', though,
leading to symptoms like those described by arifi.

Would it be possible to create an easily found README describing the
special kernels, what each one supports, and why one might need to use it?
The absence of such a file caused me considerable grief.

John Hasler
jghasler@win.bright.net (John Hasler)
Dancing Horse Hill
Elmwood, WI