Re: IOmega Jaz drive

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Jean Orloff wrote:

> I just installed Debian ON a 1Gb IOmega Jaz driver: it gets recognized at the
> bios level, just when you insert the root/boot disks! The resulting system is
> of course not too fast, but enough to get a feeling, without any worry for
> other installed systems.

I'm considering getting a Jaz drive and I'd like to install Debian on it.
I want just a little bit more that "get a feeling"... I know what Debian
can do and I like it! So, exactly what do you mean by "not too fast". I've
never seen a Jaz drive working, they are a rarity down here, but from what
I've read they are pretty close to "normal HD performance" (this comes
from PC Magazine, PC Week and others)... any comments?

-Marcelo