Re: better fonts?

David Puryear wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was looking at some postscript files and quality was not very good. Is
> there different fonts I can get that would produce better output in X
> and especially ghostscript? If so, where and how.

The Alladin version of ghostscript (version 4) has much better fonts
than previous versions - at least that's what they say, I havn't
compared them myself. You need to install the version of gsfonts in
unstable to use it.

The packages are:
non-free/binary-i386/gs_4.01-4.deb
unstable/binary-i386/text/gsfonts_4.01-2.deb

You can probably install just the fonts and use it with your present
version of ghostscript.

I don't know if this will improve output in X - I suspect not.

Hope this helps.

Chris