Re: SMC cards

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

> Which SMC PCI card is the one mostly used? (Is it the tulip model?) Which
> model SMC, Etherpower, EtherEZ?

The EtherPower is the PCI card, the EtherEZ is a 16-bit ISA card.  We use
both with Linux and they work fine.  One note, however, the PCI
EtherPower card will not (at least in all the machines I have tried) work
as a loadable module.  If I compile it into the kernel it works fine,
however.

Cheers,

Carlo

    *                            Carlo U. Segre                           *
    *      Department of Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences       *
    *        Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616          *
    *   Voice: (312) 567-3498                      FAX: (312) 567-3494    *
    *                      segre@charlie.cns.iit.edu                      *