Re: LaTeX problem

After a number of very pleasant folks indicated that my sample
input produced correct results on their system, I re-installed all
of the TeX stuff and it has started working.  I don't recall seeing
any problems with the first install, but the second one did it.

Thanks to all who responded.  What a great bunch of people, this
Debian lot!!

Jim.