Re: gcc linker-error's

[linking C++ code with gcc fails]:
>    gcc -o test test.cc
>
> both give the following (linker) errors:
>
> /tmp/cca001121.o: In function `main':
> /tmp/cca001121.o(.text+0x13): undefined reference to `cout'
> /tmp/cca001121.o(.text+0x13): undefined reference to
> `ostream:operator<<(char const *)'
>
> does anyone have a solution to this problem.

Use 'g++' instead of 'gcc' when compiling C++ code; it'll tell the
linker to link with the correct libraries for C++ code
('iostream' or 'stdc++', I believe).

Now for the next error you'll probably experience.

"test doesn't produce any output".

That's right... if you call it with simply "test", you'll start
"/bin/test" instead of "./test".

Hope this helps,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking