Re: inews package conflicts with domestic convention

In article <[🔎] m0vBv02-0007eWC@lilia.hypercore.co.jp>,
Kazuhiro Sasayama <kaz@hypercore.co.jp> wrote:
>I found Debian inews package conflicts with Japanese domestic
>convention about news articles.  We have embedded raw ESCs without any
>special encodings into articles to write Japanese, and the inews
>package is programmed to strip these ESCs silently.  So I finally
>removed the package and switched to the normal C News inews.

I think news is not required to be 8 bit clean, so that might be possible

>I wish it would be `fixed' in the future.

Are you talking about inews or inewsinn? If you mean inewsinn (I maintain
the INN package) I could fix it. inn_1.4unoff4-2 is on its way.

Mike.