Debian + POSIX

Is the Debian distribution going to push for POSIX conformity?
I may be missing something here, ( I'm still a relative newbie
to Linux ) but what is the importance of it? After viewing the
Linux-FT web pages, the only good thing I can see about a Posix
certification is the right to go around patting yourself on the
back for having one. ( Just the feeling I got from the site. )

	Willie Daniel
	gith@quicklink.net
	daniewf@mail.auburn.edu